GMA Foundations (GMA) provides grantmaking, administrative, financial management, and consulting services to foundations, philanthropic families, and giving programs that support a wide range of local, national, and international causes.
We are seeking a full-time Foundation Assistant who will coordinate all administrative aspects of their assigned client relationships, and assist with a range of administrative duties. Beyond these responsibilities, the Foundation Assistant will have opportunities to learn more about philanthropy.
We value and promote diversity in our employee’s backgrounds, origins, and ideas and work to maximize employee growth and satisfaction. Read more about our values here.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Foundation Assistant will be supervised by a senior Program Officer, while working on several client teams. Foundation Assistant responsibilities include:
- Handling correspondence, telephone, and personal contact with trustees, nonprofit applicants and grantees.
- Communicating with the public about grantmaking guidelines and processes and
- answer questions from applicants.
- Scheduling site visits and meetings.
- Coordinating and producing periodic trustee reports and board meeting books.
- Coordinating logistics for, and taking minutes at, board meetings.
- Entering data, including in grants management system, and generating reports.
- Monitoring grantee reporting requirements.
- Confirming and requesting financial data from accounting department.
- Coordinating and sending grant payments.
- Representing the foundation, as requested, in public meetings and events.
- Carrying out other tasks as assigned.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any area of study and 1+ years of administrative experience, or Associate’s degree with 4+ years of administrative experience.
- Excellent customer service approach, able to communicate in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office.
- Superior organizational skills and proven ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a reliable manner, with minimal supervision.
- Previous foundation experience and knowledge of grantmaking software.
- Experience working with databases.
- Knowledge of additional software – PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, WordPress, Constant Contact.
Our work week is M – F, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Our schedule often includes early morning and evening meetings, and occasional weekend meetings. Flexible office hours are arranged, as appropriate. The position requires long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, and includes some light lifting of supplies and materials.
Salary range: $40,000-45,000
GMA is an employee friendly company offering excellent benefits: paid vacation, holiday and sick days; health, vision, and dental insurance; medical and dependent care FSA; and a 401k plan with employer match.
The position has been filled. Please visit again.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.