GMA will help you structure, implement, and monitor grant programs for maximum impact. Tell us what you hope to accomplish, and we will map the possibilities.
Whether you are concerned about a specific issue or a place, you are designing a new grant program or narrowing your focus, we will identify practical solutions that are built on your expressed goals and aspirations, and rooted in our deep understanding of the field. GMA will be your ally and your guide.
We offer both ongoing advisory services and short-term engagements, in all aspects of grant strategy and management.
- Strategic Planning – identify core values, establish measurements of success, discuss options, build consensus, articulate a vision, and develop a plan.
- Start-up Assistance – develop a mission statement, design a governance model and management processes, and structure grantmaking programs
- Feasibility and Community Needs Study – identify the strengths and challenges of potential funding initiatives based on demographic analysis, key informant interviews, focus groups, pilot testing, and other strategies.
- Communications and Community Relations – represent you within your communities of interest, cultivating strategic relationships and initiatives, and keeping a pulse on issues in the nonprofit community and philanthropic trends
- Proposal review and analysis – conduct due diligence, including site visits, financial analysis, expert reviews, reference checks, and outcomes evaluation, and write concise, objective analyses and recommendations
- Staff and Trustee Training – design active learning opportunities, and facilitate retreats to nurture strong leadership and build consensus and support for organizational goals
- Expert Team – leverage our network to connect you with authorities on complex issues or to help create an advisory board for your giving program
- Impact Assessment – scan the landscape of a particular field or interest area, researching issues, conducting focus groups, and analyzing outcomes
- Convening and Reporting – produce grantee convening opportunities, publish reports and printed guidelines that capture the depth and breadth of your grantmaking
GMA’s team stays abreast of issues and develops strong relationships across all of our clients’ areas of focus.
Contact us to discuss the ways in which we might help you achieve your philanthropic goals.